Where to go in Lombok, Indonesia
1. Sengigi Beach
- Sengigi Beach has one of best sunset viewpoint in Lombok.
- About an hour rides from the Lombok Airport.
- Arts market located at the vicinity of Sengigi Beach. Great place to shop for souvenir .
- Highly recommended to stay at Puri Bunga Beach Cottages. Amazing view!
- Roadside Food Vendor
- Happy Café (Live Band Cafe during the night)
- Asmara Restaurant – delicious Indonesian cuisine
2. Tiu Kelep & Sedang Gile Waterfall
- About 2 – 2.5 hours ride from Sengigi Beach
- Guide (Not necessary). Be careful if the local kept insisting that you will be needing a guide for the trek. The trek to the waterfall is pretty obvious and you just have to follow it.
- First waterfall (Sendang Gile) 5 minutes hike
- 2nd Waterfall (Tiu Kelep) 20 minutes hike. (The huge one)
- Entrance fee should cost around (INR 10,000 / USD 0.70 / MYR 3)
- Normally spend around 2-3 hours here.
3. Kuta Beach
- Normally known as surf beach among the local surfer here.
- Reggae Bar
- Visit Pantai Seger (5 – 10 minutes drive from Kuta Beach)
- Small fee to be paid to the local upon entrance.
4. Tanjung Aan Beach
- Amazing beach view
- Boat ride to Batu Payung available here.
- Family friendly beach
- Local snacks stall available.
5. Sasak Village (ENDE)
- Local villages open for visitor
- Pay as you want (donation to the villagers) and also comes with a local guide.
- Visit their traditional houses.
- Souvenir shopping
- Local fighting performances
6. Sambelia Tree Forest
- Giant ancient trees
- Small fee required upon entrance.
- Skippable if you have tight schedule.
- About 3 – 4 hours drive from Sengigi Beach.
7. Gili Terawangan Beach
- About 30 minutes boat ride (local boat) from the jetty. (About IDR 150,000 / USD 11 / MYR 45 including pick up from hotel)
- Private boats around 10 minutes.
- Gili Terawangan known as the party island and tons of scuba diving shops and restaurants.
- Do rent bicycle to get around the island or hop onto the pony carts. (Around IDR 50,000 / USD 3.50 / MYR 15 per day)
- Night life at Gili Terawangan is spectacular from party bars to reggae music.
- There are plenty of boat tour around so make sure you compared the prices.
- Sunset Swing (Ombak Sunset) one of the famous swing that you see on Instagram.
- There are viewpoint on top of the hill.
- Do spend around 2-3 days here.
- Bear in mind that it can get pretty crowded on the island.
Other places to visit
- Sembalun Highlands (About 1 – 1.5 hours hike and paddy field aerial viewpoint)
- Selong Belanak Beach (Surf Beach & Yoga Class)
- Mawi & Mavun Beach (About an hour drive from Kuta)
- Pink Beach
- Lombok is a huge island so make sure you have your main destination in mind and plan your travel well.
- Would highly recommend to stay in Lombok for at least a week to get full experience of Lombok.
- Rent a car or motorbike is the best way to get around.
- Check out our travel vlog here Lombok Travel Guide
For more info,
Stalk me on social media, Lionel Benang
Email me at email@example.com