- About 8 hours of bus ride from Kathmandu. A bumpy ride but with a breathaking luxurious green mountain views.
- Bus ticket normally cost NPR 600 / USD 6 / MYR 25.
- There are many hotels and lodges available here in Pokhara. We stayed at Hotel Hakoniwa (Budget). Highly recommended.
What to do in Pokhara
Boating at the Phewa Lake
- You can hire a local paddler or paddle on your own. (2 paddle max)
- Do paddle in the afternoon or during the sunset. You will get spectacular view of the mountains and lakes.
- There are few boat jetty around so make sure you get the one with reasonable price.
Watch the Sunrise at Sarangkot Hill
- Hire a cab from town. (NPR 1500 / USD 15 / MYR 63)
- 30 – 45 minutes car ride.
- Find your sweet spot or you could be sipping a cup of hot coffee while watching the skies breaking the dawn at a cafe rooftop nearby.
- It can get pretty crowded so make sure you arrive early.
- If you’re not a morning person, sunset is doable and you can witness the skies breaking the clouds in purple rays as it getting dark.
- You can hike all the way up here. About 2 – 2.5 hours of hiking. Our friend, Chris did that.
- Sarangkot Hill is famous for paragliding activities. We skipped that since it is not within our budget.
- Price normally ranged from USD 80 – USD 120. Bargain!
HIKE UP TO PEACE STUPA
View from Peace Stupa.
- Free Entrance.
- Sunset view.
- About 20 – 35 minutes hike.
- Paddle across the lake and hike your way up.
RENT A BICYCLE OR BIKE
- Cycle around town or the countryside. You will be amazed.
- It can get very hot in the day so do spray your sunscreen.
‘CHUKPA’ LOCAL SNACKS
- Famous local snacks.
- You can find it almost any where in Pokhara.
- Mixed of chopped onions, cucumber, tomatoes, garlics, potatoes and instant noodles with sprinkled noodles spices.
BEST SANDWICH IN POKHARA
- Locate this sandwich cafe with TripAdvisor.
- We kept coming back because it tasted amazing. All fresh ingredients.
Tips when travel to Pokhara
- Do check the weather forecast.
- Avoid monsoon season as you would not get clear view of the mountains when you in Pokhara.
- Spend about 2-3 days here for a full travel experience in Pokhara.
- There are plenty of good restaurants here. Highly recommended Tibetan Restaurant.
- Check out Blues Bar if you want to chill and have some good rock band music.
- Visit Chitwan National Park if you want to see some Rhinos.
- Go to the North side of Pokhara Town if you’re a hippies.
- Check out my video here about Pokhara Pokhara Travel Guide