How to get to Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Chiang Mai located on the northern moutaineous side of Thailand.
- Train (About 12 hours), Bus (About 10 hours) & Flight (About 1 hour).
- Check out more information here https://www.travelfish.org/transport/thailand/northern_thailand/chiang_mai/chiang_mai/all
- You can get around the town with a bike or a bicycle.
- There are plenty temples to visit in Chiang Mai.
- If you have limited time, do visit Wat Chendi Luang.
- Located in the vicinity of Chiang Mai old town.
- It was built in the 14th Century.
- You can easily chat with the local monks here and most of them can speak English well.
- Entrance fee is 40 THB / MYR 5/ USD 1
- Motorbike Rent 200 THB / MYR 25 / USD 6 (24 HRS)
- Full fuel tank 100 THB / MYR 12.50 / USD 3
- About 3 – 3.5 HRS journey to Pai from Chiang Mai.
- Do WAZE / GPS your destination before your start riding because the internet line could get pretty bad in the mountainous area.
- Always wear your helmet.
- There are minivan and bus services to Pai as well.
- This is not a beginner friendly motorbike / scooter ride.
- Uphill mountainous road with sharp corner turn.
- Always fill up your tank when it show two bars or less.
- Gasoline are available at most roadside local store.
- Do not use Kiosk Gasoline by the roadside (Normally dried up)
- There are many guesthouses and homestay along the way.
- Occasionally, there will be military road block. Nothing to worry about.
- It might get very chilly on your way to the top.
- Free Entrance.
- Sunrise location.
- Be careful of the ridges.
- Long Neck Tribe Village in Pai, Thailand.
- Small road on the left after the White Buddha entrance, follow the signboard.
- Entrance is 100 THB / MYR 12.50 / USD 3
- I spent almost every night here just watch them playing.
- They play for free at the Thaphae Gate almost every night at 8PM.
- Check out their Facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/TuKu-didgeridoo-band-in-Chiang-mai-501582040043189/
Koleang Boat Noodle in Chiang Mai
- Delicious and cheap boat noodle in Chiang Mai.
- Open daytime only.
Tips when traveling to Chiang Mai & Pai, Thailand.
- There are many tours services available in town and always ask for discount.
- You can visit Doi Inthanon Park, White Temple in Chiang Rai, the Golden Triangle and many more.
- Night market are within walking distance.
- Do spent more time in Pai if you love nature and mountains.