Vang Vieng, Laos.
Found out about this place from a travel blogpost by Yoga Wine Travel. Check out Flo’s blog if you wanna travel to Vang Vieng. This is definitely my favorite destination in Laos.
Check my video here to know why What to do in Vang Vieng
Mount Pha Ngren Viewpoint
- 30 – 35 minutes hike to the viewpoint.
- 10,000 Kip (USD 1 / MYR 5) for the entrance fee.
- Make sure you have a proper hiking footwear (Goes very rocky towards the summit).
- Do come here for the sunset view.
- Enjoy your Tuk Tuk ride (50,000 Kip / USD 6 / MYR 27) to the starting point of Mount Pha Ngren viewpoint.
Getting a Guided Adventure Tour in Vang Vieng
- There are plenty of tour agents here in Vang Vieng.
- Always compare and bargain the tour price with multiple agents before you make the booking.
- Buggy ride tour here is a bit costly around USD 50 per ride.
- We highly recommend this adventure tour agent. (Picture below)
- This agency run by two brothers and they offered us a cheaper price.
- We took (Tubing in Than Nam, Elephant Cave, Kayaking in Nam Song River and Blue Lagoon). All these for the price of 100,000 Kip (USD 12 / MYR 54)
One Day Adventure Tour Itinerary
Tubing in Tham Nam (Water Cave)
- You will get pick up by their Tuk Tuk driver.
- Journey to Tham Nam (Water Cave) gonna took around 20 minutes drive from Vang Vieng Town.
- However, we felt that the tubing was a bit rushy as the guide kept asking us to pull the rope along till the end. You will need to paddle yourself on your way out from the cave (Only for a few metres). Water get very shallow at some point and you have to carry your own tube and walk.
- Moderate cave with Elephant lookalike stone wall.
- If you are not into religious visit, I would suggest you skip this cave. Do not hire a Tuk Tuk just to visit this cave. It’s not worth it.
Kayaking at Nam Song River
- Tuk Tuk driver will drive you to this kayak/tubing starting point (About 15 minutes drive).
- Guide will brief you about basic rules of kayaking (Beginner friendly).
- About 45 – 50 minutes kayaking along Nam Song River (You do not have to paddle hard as you will be kayaking with the river streams).
- Do visit their riverside bars.
- The view is to die for. (Not literally)
- Highly recommended
- Skip tubing (Not as happening as before and lesser bars to party with)
- One of the most famous tourist spot in Vang Vieng.
- Blue Turquoise River and icy cold water.
- It is normal to see flocks of Korean tourist here (Korean Variety Shows took place here)
- Get pretty crowded in the late afternoon.
- If you prefer less crowd, go to Blue Lagoon 3 ( We did not go there as our time in Vang Vieng was very limited)
The best part of the tour for me was kayaking along Nam Song River. Ditch the river tubing cause it is not that hype anymore and only couple of bars are open. Finally, we were dropped at our hotel feeling satisfied that late evening.
Cycling along Vang Vieng Countryside
- We rented bicycles for the day (15,000 Kip / USD 2 / MYR 8)
- Do ride along the country side because it’s very instagrammble.
Tips when travel in Vang Vieng
- If you are into adventure and nature, please stay here for at least 3 days. You will fall in love with this amazing lively backpackers town.
- Always compare and bargain tour prices with agent.
- It might get quite chill if its rain or in the early morning.
- This place is backpackers heaven.
- If you love to party, there are several bars that are available. Do check them out in Trip Advisor.
- Do try their sandwiches (Any streets sandwich vendors will do as they all taste amazing).
- We stay at Laos Haven Hotel & Spa. Highly recommended. About 5 minutes walk to Vang Vieng main street.
- This time, we took the minivan which pick us up directly from our hotel to Luang Prabang. I would suggest you to leave day time because the scenery along the ways is just so breathtaking. The journey was so calming and therapeutic. Overnight bus would take 8 hrs instead of 4 hrs for normal day time ride.
Business Inquiries (Film & Photograph)
- Email me at email@example.com
Check out my other social media here
Follow me on Instagram here lionel benang
Follow me on Twitter here lionel benang
Add me on Facebook here lionel benang
Subcscribe to my Youtube Channel here lionel benang