- Check out our video here Koh Phangan (Ang Thong Marine Park & Full Moon Party)
We planned a trip to Koh Phangan, Thailand. Obviously for the Full Moon Party. We heard a lot of crazy stories about it and decided to find it out.
- Book a flight to Koh Samui then take a ferry ride to Koh Phangan (More Expensive Option)
- Book a flight to Surat Thani, then about an hour bus/van ride to the Don Sak Pier then ferry ride to Koh Phangan (If you flying from Malaysia, choose this route and it would save you a lot of time and more affordable)
- Get to Bangkok, book a bus + ferry tickets to Koh Phangan. Remember to book your ticket online if it is a peak season. We booked our tickets from 12go Asia Website. (About 1379 THB / MYR 173 / USD 40 inclusive of online booking fee)
Ang Thong Marine Park (Full Day Boat Trip)
- Booked from Orion Boat Cruise.
- 2000 THB / MYR 250 / USD 58
- Inclusive of snorkeling, Blue Lagoon viewpoint, kayaking around the island and Mu Ko Ang Thong Marine National Park viewpoint
- Inclusive breakfast, lunch and tea break
- Waterproof bag provided (To be return at the end of the day)
- Free pick up from hotel
Full Moon Party (Haad Rin Beach)
- You can check the schedule of the full moon party online here Full Moon Party Schedule before you book your ticket.
- Ticket is around 100 THB / MYR 12 / USD 3.
- You can purchase the ticket at the entrance.
- It starts at late evening but do not worry if you’re late cause they would party till sunrise.
- If you missed it, there are actually Half Moon Party and Dark Moon Party available.
- There are many bars and clubs playing along Haad Rin Beach. You could walk along the beach and find your favorite tracks to dance to.
- There are many events going on such as fire dance, fire ropes and swings and some slides.
- Do watch out for drunkards.
- Bring necessary valuables only.
- Go get yourself some neon or bright full moon party tanks or shirts and maybe some neon paints.
- Party responsibly and be safe.
- Get a Tuk Tuk to and from your place.
Sunset at Haad Yao Beach
- About 20 minutes drive from Thong Sala.
- There are couple restaurants available there to dine in. (Check on TripAdvisor)
- You could walk along the beach for free and enjoying the evening chill vibes there.
Muay Thai Boxing (Kobra Stadium)
- Located in Thong Sala
- There are many other Muay Thai boxing stadium available in Koh Phangan.
- 600 THB/ MYR 75 / USD 17 for normal tickets.
- 800 THB/ MYR 100 / USD 23 for front seaters.
- Starts at 9.30PM (Normally they would start when there are more crowds so do expect some delay)
- 5 Fights in one night.
Koh Ma Island
- About 35 minutes bike ride from Thong Sala.
- Koh Ma Island connected to Mae Haad Beach by bars of sands.
- You can park your bike at the local restaurant and walk to the beach (Free)
- You could explore the island on your own and snorkel around it.
Surat Thani, Thailand.
- We took the boat ride from Thong Sala Pier to Don Sak Pier in Surat Thani, Thailand.
- We stayed overnight there for our flight back to Bangkok, Thailand.
- 100% recommend you guys to stay here My Place Hotel in Surat Thani.
- They have one of the best customer service so far for a budget hotel.
- They welcomed us with iced cold tea to quenched our thirst.
- Friendly staff.
- This place is walking distance to the local night market.
- You can book shuttle bus to airport from here as well.
- If you up to some crazy slide and party, go to Slip N Fly and check them out. They do offered a packaged ticket with Full Moon Party.
- There are night market located in Thong Sala.
- If you have plenty of time in Koh Phangan, you can visit the Phaeng Waterfall, Paradise waterfall & Than Sadet Waterfall National Park.
- If you are here for the Full Moon Party, be prepared for the hike in price of almost everything.
- There will be a lot of other travelers, tourists and backpackers too.
- Make sure you book your boat tickets in advance because it normally sold out during peak season.
- Always be ready with your sun block. It can get very hot and humid in the day.
- Renting a bike in Koh Phangan normally costs around 200 THB / MYR 25 / USD 6.