Where to go in Surabaya, Indonesia
1. Mount Bromo
- Sunrise in Mt. Bromo viewpoint is very popular with tourists.
- Book early with your guide for the jeep ride or ride with GoJek (Local Bike Sharing)
- It can get very crowded at the viewing point so do go early and find your perfect spot. (Highly suggested to ask your guide bring you to other spot for sunrise)
- Mt. Bromo located far away from Surabaya Airport so make sure you arrive one day earlier.
- Normally trip to Mount Bromo is a guided tour and they will bring you to few attractions around Mount Bromo.
- They will drop you off at the parking area and gotta walk about 20 minutes to Mount Bromo.
- There’s temple located at the middle of pathway to Mt. Bromo.
2. Teletubies Hill
- After visiting Mt.Bromo, we were brought to the Teletubies Hill.
- Beautiful green mountainaoeus scenery
- Horse Riding Available
3. Lautan Pasir (Sea of Sands)
- Vast land of dark sands, locally known as Lautan Pasir (Sea of Sands)
- Perfect spot to get your Instagram picture with the iconic hill.
4. Colorful Village (Malang, Surabaya)
- A small village located at Malang, Surabaya.
- Rainbow colored house and townhouse.
- Entry fee required
- Surabaya has a lot to offer so make sure you spend more than 3 days here.
- If you have more time to spare do visit the famous waterfall and Mount Ijen.
- Indonesian cuisine is a musts try although it can be extremely spicy.
- We booked our trip through Javanation Trip Organizer.
- Our trip cost around IDR 975,000 / USD 68 / MYR 294 per person.
- Very reliable guides and friendly. Highly recommended.
- They know the places well and can bring you to eat awesome local food.
- Check out our travel vlog here Surabaya & Lombok Travel Blog
For more info
Stalk me on social media, Lionel Benang
Email Me at firstname.lastname@example.org