Where to go in Jodhpur
1. Clock Tower Market
- Located at the heart of Jodhpur
- Free Entry
- Local wet market and shopping districts
- Textile and jewelry shopping
2. Mehrangarh Fort
- Open daily (9am – 5pm)
- Entrance fee (600 Rupees / USD 9.30 / MYR 38 )
- Entrance fee including an audio guide
- If you’re a student, do bring along your student ID because it is cheaper.
- Follow the audio guide to explore the fort (Normally around 1.5 – 2 Hrs)
- Can hire a Tuk Tuk / taxi to get here or walk through the local villages about 10 minutes to get here.
- Souvenir shops available towards the end of the tour
- Opium Ceremony
- Best description for this place is it look exactly like Hogwarts.
3. Jaswant Thada (White Temple)
- Open daily from 9am – 5pm
- Entrance fee is 30 rupees / USD 0.50 / MYR 2
- Walking distances from Mehrangarh Fort.
- If you’re going to take a Tuk Tuk / taxi to the fort, make sure you visit this place.
4. TOORJI KA JHALRA (STEPWELL)
- Free entry.
- Walking distances from the Stepwell House Cafe.
- Go in the evening when it is more crowded with local.
- They will dive and perform some stunts to entertain you .
- Check out our travel vlog if you are interested to watch them jump.
What To Eat in Jodhpur
1. The Omelette Cafe
- Located close to the Clock Tower Market
- Seats are limited
- Highly recommended
- Try more than one type of omelette and you’ll be amazed
2. Cafe Royale
- No.1 in Trip Advisor lists.
- Great snacks food & coffee options.
- Located in the vicinity of the Clock Tower Market.
- Run by local Indian family.
- Super friendly and informative
- Highly recommended this cafe
3. Stepwell House Cafe
- Located right at the step well.
- Great views
- Comfy ambience
- Food was just okay but great place for chilling and watching people dive into the well.
- If you have extra time here in Jodhpur, do visit the village safari
- Mehrangarh fort is can be reach by walking from the city
- Mehrangarh fort and Jaswant Thada are close to each other so do not let them charge higher.
- Cafe Royale and Omelette Cafe are not to be missed.
- Cafe Royale owners are very lovely people so do chat with them and they will be very delightful to spare you their thoughts.
- Do watch our travel vlog here Jodhpur City Guide