- Taj Mahal located in Agra, India.
- About 2 hours train ride from New Delhi.
- Train scheduled daily to Agra at 7am.
- Purchase your train ticket at the Tourist Ticket Counter at least a day before.
- Check availability of train ticket and cost on Clear Trip apps.
- If you’re on tight schedule, visiting Taj Mahal can be done on day trip.
- Check out our travel vlog here Taj Mahal Travel Guide
- There are plenty of taxis & Tuk Tuk available at the railway station.
- Remember to discuss about the cost first before agreeing to ride with them.
- They may ask for extra during your trip so do double check on your hotel or hostel location on Google map. ( P/S : They asked for extra rupees from us because our hotel kinda far away from agreed location.)
- Normally they will offer you their tour services along the way so make sure you know the approximate tour price range and find the right match for you.
How To Buy Taj Mahal Entrance Ticket
- Ticket Cost (1000 Rupees / USD 16 / RM 64)
- If you are a student, do bring along your student card. (Cheaper)
- Open from sunrise till sunset.
- Best visiting time is during sunrise or sunset (Catch the Golden Hours)
- There are three available ticket counter (Taj Mahal Western Gate, Taj Mahal Southern Gate & Taj Mahal Eastern Gate)
- If you would like to buy your ticket in advance, purchase it online here Taj Mahal Online Ticket
- If you love to visit Taj Mahal with a lot less crowd, visit Taj Mahal during sunrise in the summer. ( P/S, do bear in mind that it may get very warm & hot and Taj Mahal Building probably will go on maintenance.)
- Photography & videography is not allowed inside the Taj Mahal monument.
- Large tripods & stabilizers are not allowed as well unless with a film permit.
- Night tour for Taj Mahal is normally available during the full moon period. Do check out their timetable here Night View at Taj Mahal
- Guide is available for hire around USD 5.
- There are plenty souvenirs & gifts shop available right outside Taj Mahal.
- Always bargain about 70%-80% less for the gifts / items that you want.
- Do a proper research about the place to avoid potential scams and touts.
- Do screenshot the destination or map of the destination that you are about to visit.
- Do visit Agra Fort as well. (We skipped that due to budget) but it is huge.
- I would highly recommend to stay at Zostel again if you are on a budget.
- For food, go for Good Vibes Cafe, they can customize your meal to your preferences. (We asked for something that off menu, American Chopsuey, and it is superb!)
For more info,
Find me on social media, Lionel Benang.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit Our Website Here Dreammuch Visuals