One Day Trip to Ayutthaya Historical Park.
- Check out our video here Ayutthaya Historical Park
- It’s about an hour drive from Bangkok, Thailand.
- We GRAB a cab to bring us there and drove us around for the day. (2000 THB / MYR 250 / USD 58)
- There are train and buses services as well.
- You could check another alternative here How to get to Ayutthaya by Travel Fish.
- Entrance fee for most temples is 50 THB / MYR 6 / USD 1.50.
- You can get 220 THB / MYR 27.50 / USD 6 for 6 temples ticket as well.
- You can get around Ayutthaya by bicycle, scooter or hire a Tuk Tuk driver.
Wat Si Sanphet
Smilling Buddha (Wat Lokayasutharam)
- Entrance fee for Wat Yai Chai Mongkol is THB 20 / MYR2.50 / USD 0.50.
Best Iced Thai Tea Ever!
Check them out here Malakor Kitchen & Cafe
Tips when travel to Ayutthaya Historical Park,
- There are floating markets in Ayutthaya and I would suggest you to skip it.
- Go early if you want to explore more of Ayutthaya because it is massive ruins and temples.
- There are more than just one ruins to visit.
- Always bargain with the Tuk Tuk driver.
- There are many elephant rides and tours available in Ayutthaya. PLEASE DON’T RIDE THEM.
We planned a trip to Koh Phangan, Thailand. Obviously for the Full Moon Party. We heard a lot of crazy stories about it and decided to find it out.
- Book a flight to Koh Samui then take a ferry ride to Koh Phangan (More Expensive Option)
- Book a flight to Surat Thani, then about an hour bus/van ride to the Don Sak Pier then ferry ride to Koh Phangan (If you flying from Malaysia, choose this route and it would save you a lot of time and more affordable)
- Get to Bangkok, book a bus + ferry tickets to Koh Phangan. Remember to book your ticket online if it is a peak season. We booked our tickets from 12go Asia Website. (About 1379 THB / MYR 173 / USD 40 inclusive of online booking fee)
Check In at Lomprayah Bus & Ferry Boat Services at Khao San Road, Bangkok
Waiting (30 Minutes) for the Lomprayah Bus at Khao San Road, Bangkok.
The bus was kinda warm throughout our trip tho. Maybe because it was packed.
Lomprayah Double Decker Bus.
We arrived around 5am at the pier (2 hrs prior to boat departure)
Finally on the way to our boat (You will have to check in at the counter office at the pier)
Ang Thong Marine Park (Full Day Boat Trip)
- Booked from Orion Boat Cruise.
- 2000 THB / MYR 250 / USD 58
- Inclusive of snorkeling, Blue Lagoon viewpoint, kayaking around the island and Mu Ko Ang Thong Marine National Park viewpoint
- Inclusive breakfast, lunch and tea break
- Waterproof bag provided (To be return at the end of the day)
- Free pick up from hotel
Top deck with diving board and slide
Snorkeling Area (About an hour boat journey)
Lunch after snorkeled
Blue Lagoon (15 minutes – staircase)
30 – 45 minutes kayaking along the island.
Ang Thong Marine Park Viewpoint
Enjoy the sunset back to Koh Phangan
Full Moon Party (Haad Rin Beach)
- You can check the schedule of the full moon party online here Full Moon Party Schedule before you book your ticket.
- Ticket is around 100 THB / MYR 12 / USD 3.
- You can purchase the ticket at the entrance.
- It starts at late evening but do not worry if you’re late cause they would party till sunrise.
- If you missed it, there are actually Half Moon Party and Dark Moon Party available.
- There are many bars and clubs playing along Haad Rin Beach. You could walk along the beach and find your favorite tracks to dance to.
- There are many events going on such as fire dance, fire ropes and swings and some slides.
- Do watch out for drunkards.
- Bring necessary valuables only.
- Go get yourself some neon or bright full moon party tanks or shirts and maybe some neon paints.
- Party responsibly and be safe.
- Get a Tuk Tuk to and from your place.
Full Moon Party
I do not know this guy.
Sunset at Haad Yao Beach
- About 20 minutes drive from Thong Sala.
- There are couple restaurants available there to dine in. (Check on TripAdvisor)
- You could walk along the beach for free and enjoying the evening chill vibes there.
Sunset at Haad Yao
Muay Thai Boxing (Kobra Stadium)
- Located in Thong Sala
- There are many other Muay Thai boxing stadium available in Koh Phangan.
- 600 THB/ MYR 75 / USD 17 for normal tickets.
- 800 THB/ MYR 100 / USD 23 for front seaters.
- Starts at 9.30PM (Normally they would start when there are more crowds so do expect some delay)
- 5 Fights in one night.
They normally saved the best fight for last.
Koh Ma Island
- About 35 minutes bike ride from Thong Sala.
- Koh Ma Island connected to Mae Haad Beach by bars of sands.
- You can park your bike at the local restaurant and walk to the beach (Free)
- You could explore the island on your own and snorkel around it.
Koh Ma Island Aerial View.
Surat Thani, Thailand.
- We took the boat ride from Thong Sala Pier to Don Sak Pier in Surat Thani, Thailand.
- We stayed overnight there for our flight back to Bangkok, Thailand.
- 100% recommend you guys to stay here My Place Hotel in Surat Thani.
- They have one of the best customer service so far for a budget hotel.
- They welcomed us with iced cold tea to quenched our thirst.
- Friendly staff.
- This place is walking distance to the local night market.
- You can book shuttle bus to airport from here as well.
Greeting notice from our room.
Free postcard for you to bring back
- If you up to some crazy slide and party, go to Slip N Fly and check them out. They do offered a packaged ticket with Full Moon Party.
- There are night market located in Thong Sala.
- If you have plenty of time in Koh Phangan, you can visit the Phaeng Waterfall, Paradise waterfall & Than Sadet Waterfall National Park.
- If you are here for the Full Moon Party, be prepared for the hike in price of almost everything.
- There will be a lot of other travelers, tourists and backpackers too.
- Make sure you book your boat tickets in advance because it normally sold out during peak season.
- Always be ready with your sun block. It can get very hot and humid in the day.
- Renting a bike in Koh Phangan normally costs around 200 THB / MYR 25 / USD 6.